[thelist] hashing stored passwords (revisited)

klute soundres9 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 26 10:58:05 CDT 2003

I would at least describe it within your privacy
policy section. i am not 100% sure it belongs there
but i think it's an ok place for it. my site's privacy
policy, for examples, includes:

"Creating an account merely requires choosing a
username/password combination. Your password gets
encrypted before being stored in our database. One-way
hash is used to perform this encryption which means
that nobody (including the administrator of this site)
has access to your sensitive information."

Hope this helps
James

p.s. it will be *very* reassuring for me (i admint i
may be in a minority though)