[thelist] Branding help

Tony Grimes lists at tonygrimes.com
Fri Jun 27 20:18:27 CDT 2003

On 6/27/03 5:38 PM, "Tom Dell'Aringa" <pixelmech at yahoo.com> wrote:

> So I know X about branding, but I am no expert. What I am hoping for
> is:
>
> 1. A list of sites to show some real good branding with a short
> description. I can probably do most of the description myself. One I
> thought of was BP.com. He really wants to see a web application
> (which is what they are building) but I don't know if you can find
> one on web, so any good examples will do.
>
> 2. I really need help with explaining the importance of the brand.
> Any links or text on the subject would really be helpful. They have
> really, really underestimated/ignored the whole process.

Hi Tom,

One of the most impressive branding efforts I've seen is by EnCana
(www.encana.com). I've posted their logo standards on my server to give you
an idea of how seriously they take their brand:

http://www.scribenewmedia.com/ECA_LogoStds_Oct23.pdf

I'm not sure if this is what your looking for, but the PDF has a short
summary of their rationale behind their strict logo standards with respect
to preserving their brand. I hope this helps.