[thelist] What's causing a psychological block?

Peter Small peter at genps.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 28 05:03:17 CDT 2003

This week I put up the first fully working prototype of my Web site.
Altogether I had something like 1000 visits.

http://www.stigmergicsystems.com

When I did a Web log analysis, there was a satisfactory spread of
hits all over the site and about two thirds visited the most
important part of the site - where I explain and demonstrate a
"Kempelen Box".

So far, so good. However, when I test to see how many people actually
tried out the "Kempelen Box", to see the agents and see what answers
the box gives to questions, I find the results shockingly poor.

Where am I going wrong? What psychological block is stopping people
playing around with the box? Or, is the whole concept so boring that
nobody bothers to see how it works?

I'd appreciate some help . Especially from those of you on this list
who visited the site this week.

Don't try to spare my feelings. Be brutal if you see obvious flaws.

Thanks.

Peter Small
Author of: Lingo Sorcery, Magical A-Life Avatars, The Entrepreneurial
Web, The Ultimate Game of Strategy and Web Presence