[thelist] Logo Design (infringement) help requested

rytames at telusplanet.net rytames at telusplanet.net
Sat Jun 28 12:41:34 CDT 2003

On 28 Jun 2003 at 0:24, Marc Seyon wrote:

> >His email to me: "Your client has not only appropriated our name,
> >they have copied our logo.

> I forgot to mention. It's unlikely his company has been around long
> enough, or his trademark is distinctive enough that yours can be
> considered as a case of dilution. http://www.inta.org/dilution/

> His domain was only registered 5 months before your client's.

I think neither logo would classify as distinctive, since in my beleifs,
the whole triangle symbolism has been around for centuries; The
hypnosis company however, I think is violating another companies
trademark, but I can't be sure, I don't remember where I saw it,
or even what year.

My opinion is Lisa Sinervo is right in her regards about
the symbolism - and the unintentinal usages - being common.

Which is interesting in itself, Where she states 'maybe common
minds', but I veiw it as maybe, 'commonly educated minds'; Which
might have do to more with an un-personalized systems of
education.

And with that, I will introduce myself. Hi list.

My name is Ryan Tames, and this is my first post. I got
here from extensive reading and 'self - education', ( I do have some
minor college education ); Of which PPKs' web site pointed me to
this group, and the reading/learning has been very interesting.

I veiw myself as more of a generalized person, with no
specifics; In C/CGI programming, Javascript, web design,
web development, graphic design, networking, dhtml, DOM(s),
multimedia development.

In reality, I think myself as more digital amature artist. I have no
diploma or degree, but i'm stated to be a man with vision, and
intelligence.

The whole aspect of the www/internet, for me is communication,
sharing, teaching/learning; Acceptence, choices, and eventually,
maybe even understanding. Which includes everything human,
with small indulgences of machines, to help create the vision.

I am more C coder then anything. I really had to fight with myself
to learn a OO language like Javascript, which I have the basics. In
the end I just want to beable to code a full web application, which
I have ideas for now.

That ends my intro.

Have fun!
Ryan.