[thelist] Logo Design (infringement) help requested

rytames at telusplanet.net rytames at telusplanet.net
Sun Jun 29 13:57:34 CDT 2003

On 28 Jun 2003 at 18:33, Belinda Johnson wrote:

[snip ...]
>   I appreciate your involvement and we will have our legal folks take
>   up the
> issue directly with your client.  We intend to seek injunctive relief
> including the turning over of the .biz site to us.  We were successful
> in doing just that recently with a gentleman who was using a site
> called positivechangeshypnosis.com/.org and .biz."
[.../snip]

The problem I have, after seeing both sites,
is that, the site you are hosting, is related as in
'self help' but offers no real compition to the
hypnosis biz.

Heres my opinion, the hypnosis biz stumbled
on the site, but wants the domain name; I feel
they are bluffing, as its a two way thing:

1) They get the site, and the domain name (bluffed their way in).
2) They don't, and they can leave it at that (bluff never worked, and they can just
stop communications).

The whole email thing to is rather
curious.

Personally, I would call their bluff, as the two business
are quite different.

If the owner is not going to hand it over, there
will be time in court anyway.

and get a new one, plus change the logo and
name of your hosted site, keep the current domain name
in limbo, and maybe offer to sell the domain name to them,
at a small price.

Maybe, I don't know, i'm veiwing it as more of
a game, in which the hypnosis biz is looking
for the other guy to lose.

But, the odd thing is, they may both win out of this, which
is dependant on how they act towards each other. The hypnosis
biz, is battling for supremcy, however; In this case, I beleive
they would make better livings, if, they worked togther.

Sounds interesting non?
I'm still thinking about how...

Ryan.