[thelist] Google not displaying site descriptions?

Chris George codemonkey00 at mac.com
Mon Jun 30 11:50:24 CDT 2003

Hey all,

I have a prospect that asked me why their sites are appearing on Google
(finally), however it's only the link. There is no description or text
at all below the url.  Does anyone know the reason for this? I had read
that there is two bots - one for pages and one for images... is it
possible that there is one more for content, and it just hasn't grabbed
it yet?

Just speculating.

The pages, while done in tables, don't appear to be malformed... I've
seen much worse get indexed...

Any ideas?

Chris.