[thelist] Finding the position of a relative DIV

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Mon Jun 30 15:29:58 CDT 2003

[snip]
I have an image that lives inside of a table that I am trying to
dynamically position.  I am trying to find its current position, but am
having no luck.  It appears that you cannot set the top and left
position unless it is absolutely positioned, but I was hoping to be able

to at least read it.

Is it possible to find the position of an image if it is not absolutely
positioned?
[/snip]

Nope, because it is relatively positioned according to the current
height/width of the browser real estate. It is in effect a moving
target.

Jay