[thelist] Site Critique Please

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Mon Jun 30 18:07:41 CDT 2003

> Go to: http://ebaybidpro.com <http://ebaybidpro.com/>

Well, first off, the site looks clean, and welcoming. A few things:

 - those nice, colorful circles, make them clickable; I thought I could
click on them and do something with my bid, but turns out I couldn't

 - site seems to have similarites with ebay, which is good for your purpose,
makes them seem related

 - I would underline your links, as I wasn't sure if they were clickable or
just colorful text at first

 - about us page: make the links at the top have some breathing room between
them, maybe make them a list or put a bullet out in front of the or
something, make them easier to distinguish one question from the other

 - instead of "about bidpro" why not something like "learn more"? the reason
I say this is I figured the about page was something about the history of
the company, not about how the process works, just found this misleading
some

 - the logo at the top, with the sharp and jagged edges, they don't seem to
mesh up too well with the soft and colorful ebay look and feel, what about
changing those some to soften them up and make them fit the colorscheme of
the site?

Otherwise, I'd say the site is clean and easy to use. Hope these comments
help, good luck and let us know how it turns out!

ted