[thelist] media/image management

Emma Jane Hogbin emmajane at xtrinsic.com
Mon Jun 30 18:18:55 CDT 2003

On Mon, Jun 30, 2003 at 01:16:11PM -0700, Steve Lewis wrote:
> Sorry for not qualifying my comments better.  The original poster wanted
> to store the files withing the database--which is a valid option, and

Just to clarify: it is NOT my intent to store binary files in the
database. I will be storing either paths, URLs and perhaps inodes, but not
binary files. I'm also considering storing EXIF data for digital camera
images ala Gallery:
http://gallery.menalto.com/modules.php?set_albumName=screenshots&id=acd&op=modload&name=gallery&file=index&include=view_photo.php

About 100 years ago I wrote a perl script that hooked into the enCore MOO
core. (Anyone remember MOOs?)
http://xtrinsic.com/scripting/vase.distribution.cgi
I am not actively maintainly the script, and it is my first ever piece of
Perl. Its official distribution is done through:
http://lingua.utdallas.edu/encore/

emma

--
Emma Jane Hogbin