[thelist] compatibility testing?

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 04:27:20 CDT 2003

>I know, it all points to a typo in the client requirements, I'd get back to
>them earlier except for a small number of articles relating to IE 4.72
>issues, these could be wrong too I guess, gotta make sure though first,
>thanks for your time and comments...good list

IE 4.72 definitely existed. It was the last release of IE 4, and behind the
72 bit came about 20 more numbers. So your client is right, it exists.

But I wouldn't worry too much about the exact differences. Just download
4.01 or something, test the site and you'll have done your job.

ppk, freelance web developer
Interactie, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Forms, usability and the W3C DOM:
http://digital-web.com/features/feature_2003-05b.shtml