[thelist] Finding the position of a relative DIV

Peter-Paul Koch gassinaumasis at hotmail.com
Tue Jul 1 04:29:18 CDT 2003

>I have an image that lives inside of a table that I am trying to
>dynamically position.  I am trying to find its current position, but am
>having no luck.  It appears that you cannot set the top and left position
>unless it is absolutely positioned, but I was hoping to be able to at least
>read it.
>
>Is it possible to find the position of an image if it is not absolutely
>positioned?

Yes. http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/js/index.html?findpos.html

ppk, freelance web developer
Interactie, copywriting, JavaScript, integration
http://www.xs4all.nl/~ppk/
Column "Keep it Simple": http://www.digital-web.com/columns/keepitsimple/
New: Forms, usability and the W3C DOM:
http://digital-web.com/features/feature_2003-05b.shtml