[thelist] problem with NN4.7 not processing PHP pages

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Tue Jul 1 05:42:29 CDT 2003

Am experiencing a peculiar problem with my 4.7 browser (IE5.5, Netscape 6.2, and NN4.72 work fine).

When filling out the form on a new client's site still under construction, after hitting the Submit button you are supposed to be taken to a download confirmation page written in PHP. What happens while using NN4.7 is, I promptly get an error message in the browser window that says:

Data Missing

>"This document resulted from a POST operation and has expired from the
>cache. If you wish you can repost the form data to recreate the document
>by pressing the reload button."

and from viewing the Page Source:

<TITLE>Missing Post reply data</TITLE>
<H1>Data Missing</H1>
This document resulted from a POST operation and has expired from the cache.  If you wish you can repost the form data to recreate the
document by pressing the <b>reload</b> button.

When I click Reload, it doesn't. I again get the same message.

I don't know if my browser is corrupted or what.

I am, however, getting the results of the form emailed to me. So that part is working.

Would some kind soul who has a NN4.7 browser and anyone else who has other NN4.x (besides 4.72) versions test and see if you have problems too?

url: http://www.exact-data.com/html/scanner_software.html

This is also happening on the only other page up on the site (beside the Home page), that is, the Contact page. Am using a PHP confirmation page for that also.

Thanks a bunch.

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
             -- Thomas A. Edison