[thelist] wish list

Buffington, Michael michael.buffington at office.xerox.com
Tue Jul 1 09:13:43 CDT 2003

Gotta add must haves to the pile, although it includes things I already have/use:

Aeron Chair. Once adjusted *correctly* this chair works wonders. I'm interested in knowing whether or not the new Herman Miller Mirra chair is any good as well:
http://www.hermanmiller.com/CDA/SSA/Product/0,,a10-c440-p205,00.html

Logitech Cordless Optical. Very precise, very nice not to have to deal with cords, and never gets dirty.

D-Link USB Bluetooth Adapter (DBT-120). Fantastic little bitesized thing. Has great reception and comes with some good software.

ColdFusion Studio. Same as Homesite with some added CF stuff. Has excellent context sensitive help (click on a word in code, hit F1 and get full page, well written docs). Doesn't have all the bells and whistles that Dreamweaver MX does, which means a much quicker editor without the quirks.

Pixie. Excellent, super light weight, no frills color picker.
http://www.nattyware.com/pixie.html

Microsoft Office Keyboard. Nice unsplit keyboard, with the added bonus of some extra macro buttons, but best of all, a huge scroll wheel on the left hand side. Doesn't seem like much but makes a big difference on the wrists. You can also pretend like you're a DJ scratching to amuse the coworkers.

http://www.microsoft.com/catalog/display.asp?subid=22&site=10985&x=24&y=15

Photoshop 6 or above. Simply a must.

An incredibly fast computer. So fast I can hardly see it. Mac or PC, I don't care, whatever is the fastest. I want menus to popup in quantum speed. I don't want to see a single hesitation. And a rack of HD space, and some sentient software that tidies all my data into nice organized folders for me.

Never worked with dual monitors, but I'd rather go full tilt and go for three. That way, all the important stuff is on the middle screen, and to the left and right I have stuff that doesn't require full attention. And heck, while we're at it, toss in a firewire web cam, and an extra monitor dedicated to a live feed of the home office while I slave away on a cool open air patio at a bungalow in Maui. And I'd like a few T1's with my hamburger please.

Come to think of it, forget all of the above. My number one wish is to have a few dozen clones of myself doing the work on the items above while I move off the patio onto the shore and work on my tan.

Michael Buffington
http://www.michaelbuffington.com/