[thelist] PHP and Apache, each in a box. Possible?

Jay Blanchard jay.blanchard at niicommunications.com
Tue Jul 1 09:22:16 CDT 2003

[snip]
i've been asked by a client, who has an standard apache+php app, about
the possibility of having a second box, apache only and handling the php
request trough the first box PHP binaries.

I've chosen the honest way and told him i've never ever considered such
setup, but i've promised to do some research.
[/snip]

PHP support is compiled into Apache (from a web perspective) so I do not
belive that this can be done. I have sent a quick request to the PHP
list about this...just in case. Many folks (for security reasons) have
Apache+PHP on one box, with that box connected to another box hosting
the database.

Why would the client want this set up? Is it a perception of security?

Jay