[thelist] wish list

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Jul 1 09:22:43 CDT 2003

>An LCD monitor only lasts 2 years?  Is this normal?

Quite possibly true. Tha guys here were discussing this a few weeks ago. Be
warned some things may not be under warranty such as if a pixel goes out.
You're stuck with a irremovable black dot on your screen. You'll eventually
replace it. Personally, IMHO, I'm waiting about 5-10 more years to do the
Liquid Crystal Display thing. Until then, I'm happy with tha good ol'
cathode ray tube (1280 x 1024 - 19" Dell Trinitron UltraScan P1110). After
it warms up a little its fine.

I'd agree with the dual monitor thing. I use several apps at once (MX
Studio) and at times have wished I had at least 3 screens at the same time.

Telling myself "One day young grasshopper one day",

Rob.Smith

<tip type="Monitors, Monitors, Monitors" author="Rob.Smith">

How many monitors can you feasibly stick on a single computer to have one
huge screen? Well it all depends on your hardware set up and how many
graphics cards you can install. I vaguely remember it being around 16. Can
you imagine!?

Correct me if I'm wrong.

</tip>