[thelist] HomeSite

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 10:38:04 CDT 2003

--- Gabriel Vasquez <enkryption at verizon.net> wrote:
> Why do people like HomeSite so much? What does it have over...say
> Dreamweaver? Any input would be appreciated.

Gabriel,

I'm a HomeSite user so I'll chime in. First of all, its a complete
hand coding environment, and its lean and mean. It doesn't carry all
the extra baggage that DW does. (Not saying its good or bad, just the
facts.) Its VERY extensible and customizable. You can get under the
hood and write all kinds of good stuff. The following site can help
clue you in. It's geared toward PHP, but they have the same stuff for
ASP too:

http://www.wilk4.com/asp4hs/php4hs.htm

It will give you an idea. It's also cheap, which is nice. You can
also hook in HTML validator to work seamlessly with it.

www.htmlvalidator.com

Which is a great tool. HS is all I use and it does everything I need.
When I need a new tag or color code or something, I simply add it in.
You can make your own buttons to launch scripts, code blocks, etc
etc. That means you can customize the app for both the way you work
and a specific project, which is a real nice benefit.

I'm sure others will have more to say.

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward