[thelist] help with calendar design -- feedback?

Rob Smith rob.smith at THERMON.com
Tue Jul 1 13:35:05 CDT 2003

>What is the best way to go about making the columns for the
>weekdays evenly spaced...

I like it. Replace your .day class def with this:

.day {
	border-left: 1px solid #999;
	border-top: 1px solid #999;
	border-right: 1px solid #333;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #333;
	text-align: center;
	padding-right: 0px;
	width: 80px;
}

However, this will make all your columns the same width. From your output,
it looks as if you do something similar to:

Detect days from Day 1
Subtract 7 from that
Place a colspan in the remainder
Display 7-Colspan days
Repeat until done for days in the month.

If you can detect the weekends and you know for a fact that there are no
events going to ever occur on a weekend, then you can declare:

.weekend {
	border-left: 1px solid #999;
	border-top: 1px solid #999;
	border-right: 1px solid #333;
	border-bottom: 1px solid #333;
	text-align: center;
	padding-right: 0px;
	width: 40px;
}

...which after doing the math would push to

.day {
	width: 96px;
}

I do hope I'm not babbling but making some sense.

I like css approach to the table layout. It's different/unique in my eyes.
But Perhaps as an upgrade you can theme your events in a lighter hue of your
site colors whatever they are.

Rob.Smith