[thelist] Question...

Ed McCarroll Ed at ComSimplicity.com
Tue Jul 1 20:45:38 CDT 2003

> > Font sizes should *never* be specified in px or pt in
> > an author style sheet, as the user knows best what size
> > font fits best with his/her environment and viewing
> > situation.

> there is a time and a place for *everything*.

IMO, the time and place for fixed fonts is whenever and wherever
you can safely assume that all of your users have monitors large
enough to get a good look at your page, and eyes strong enough to
read your font.  Either that, or when/wherever I don't really want
people to read the text in the first place.

I rarely find myself in that particular time and place.