[thelist] Site Review / Good Resource

Buffington, Michael michael.buffington at office.xerox.com
Wed Jul 2 08:06:29 CDT 2003

Correct. Based on the db schema, it generates code that will let you add, delete, update, and view records in a DB. Depending on the platform, it can create that code in a lot of different ways. In ColdFusion, for example, it can create straight ColdFusion files, or embed everything in CFCs (which is a lot different than straight CF files). Not knowing CF, this doesn't mean much, but the point is, it's not just spitting out vanilla code.

Very shortly, the tool will support automatic database introspection. Supply some server details and the tool will inspect your DB for you, and bypass any CSV or XML database schema files. This of course raises some security concerns, not to mention the fact that most DB's are behind firewalls, but the point is, it will be available as an option.