[thelist] Finding the position of a relative DIV

Chris Evans chris at unhappyfun.com
Wed Jul 2 08:30:55 CDT 2003

Sam wrote:
> You could switch the src of the image to a transparent gif, then create
> the new element and absolutely position it above.

Thanks for the suggestion.  What I ended up doing is creating a new DIV
with the same image as the original, absolutely positioning it above the
previous one, and setting the previous image as hidden.  Works in
Mozilla and IE 6 on the PC.

I'm using it as a way for users to drag thumbnails around for sequencing
a photo album. I'll clean it up a little and post it for wider testing.

Thanks,

Chris Evans
http://www.fuseware.com