[thelist] Email address misused to send out viruses :(

muinar evolt at muinar.com
Wed Jul 2 02:54:22 CDT 2003

Hi listees   :)

Today I received a delivery failure message containing the
attachment your_details.zip  :(  It came from an address that I
never sent anything to. It claims that it has been sent out
using Outlook, while I am only using Eudora.

Ok, it seems that my main email address is being misused to send
out ugly viruses. Oh, that reminds me that last week I got a
complain from a chinese Symantec user that I had sent him a virus
using another important address of mine... I double checked my
system - no virus at all. And of course I don't know this guy.

Is there anything I can do besides sitting and waiting until the
dust settles?

Thanks for any insights...

Mike