[thelist] refresh rate [was wish list]

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Wed Jul 2 09:34:33 CDT 2003

--- Hershel Robinson <hershelr at netvision.net.il> wrote:
> > When I switched to a higher refresh rate I instantly felt my
> > eyes relax. It's sort of like the pain you never knew you had
> > until it went away.
>
> I second this suggestion. I had my monitor running at 60Hz and I
> was happy with it--flicker free in fact. Until a friend of mine
> who is a graphic designer came over. He took one look at it and
> asked me how I could bear it. We changed it to something over 60
> and I instantly saw what he was seeing.
> The screen image suddenly become solid.

How far does this benefit go? What if you are a 70 and you move it to
75? Is "higher always better"? I've never understood the whole
refresh thing.

I just switched mine from 70 - 75 and notice no difference here at
work...

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward