[thelist] html email printing

Mark Joslyn Mark.Joslyn at SolimarSystems.com
Thu Jul 3 10:29:28 CDT 2003

<snip>
> Hi all, I have been tasked with creating html email
> which I have successfully done but on printing them
> out at the 'client' end, I have encountered a few
> problems.
</snip>

Other than sending the actual images along with the email can you get the
images to consistently print. This really is not a good option since many
firewalls deny .JPG extension, etc..

If your customer wants to print these emails, maybe just send them the email
with links to PDF files. That way they can print, download, save, etc.. at
their leisure.

One argument for NOT printing the email is that it is going to look BAD -
72dpi images with JPG compression artifacts, even on a laser printer, it is
going to be crap. If the text of the emails what people want to print and
keep, then your project is already a success.

content - images - integrity of design = PDF.

Hope this helps,

mj