[thelist] mIRC

Nan Harbison nansmith at heritageconcord.org
Thu Jul 3 16:53:13 CDT 2003

I have mIRC on my computer too, it is an ini file. I think
I got it when my daughter was going to questionable sites.
I get about 150 pop up ads, or more, an hour now that are
getting by my pop up ad blockers. When I googled for it, I
found that it is an Internet Chat Relay program.
I have to remove random programs from my computer almost
everyday now, that are porn, gambling and shopping
programs, I think related to the mIRC thing. Is there
software out there that prevents programs from being
installed on your computer without your knowledge or
permission? I would pay for this!
Sorry if this is off topic.
Nan