[thelist] Search engine and index.cgi

Damien COLA damiencola at wanadoo.fr
Fri Jul 4 06:00:24 CDT 2003

Hello,
I have to work on a site that wasn't developped by me. Everything goes
through index.cgi which then takes a html file and dislays it.
So the links, when they're not as a <form> are like that :
index.cgi?page=mypage.html

My issue is about referencing, is it good for robots ?
I'd guess NO, the robots don't index pages with ?variable=value
but on google you can find one particular message in a forum thread
where the url has arguments in it.
As for the <form> links I am quite sure they are BAD and won't be
indexed.

So in the end I don't know if having a central point of entry index.cgi
is bad for search engines.
And since I am free to change whatever as long as it's not too much
work, how may I improve that situation ?

Thank you for your insights, the site as it is before I work on it is:
http://www.afairesoimeme.com

Cordialement,
  Damien COLA
    http://www.VarMalin.com