[thelist] Re: how does this page look in IE6?

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Sat Jul 5 16:06:15 CDT 2003

> Never promise a "last" question - you'll be kicking yourself when the
> next one arrives! LOL! Anyway, the footer looked fine in IE on XP and
> 2000 for me, although the header still has the overlap showing. Also,
> providing the pages are the same, there should be no difference between
> the presentation of

Gary, ha! I take it back! Well, this is more a comment than a question coz I'm about to give up.

Actually, there ~is~ a difference when you go to the same pages at the different urls using the same browser. That is, when I use NN6.2 on Win98SE.

1) No bottom white box on the
http://www.exact-data.com/html/download.html page (and the only other pages up at this point).

2) A bottom white box on the http://www.24caratdesign.com/ED/html/download.html page (and every other page on the site).

I think I messed something up in my coding so I'm going to do some further checking. But the weird thing continues to be that the same browser shows different results at the different urls. Altho you say there shouldn't be any difference between results viewed on a Windows2000 box and a Unix box, what else would explain this? [Ha, I did ask a question after all.]

The "white box" at the top is supposed to have a blue border surrounding it. But the client wanted the blue border taken out. Just go to the "under construction" page at http://www.exact-data.com and you'll see what I originally had in mind...and what I still want.

Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
             -- Thomas A. Edison