[thelist] Re: how does this page look in IE6?

Sharon F. Malone sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Sat Jul 5 23:31:13 CDT 2003

On Saturday, July 05, 2003 7:37 PM Gary wrote:

[snip]
>I believe an incorrect path for the image used as a
> spacer may be what's causing the deviation. On
> the exact-data server, the src attribute is
> "download2_files/trans.gif", but on your server,
> it's "download1_files/trans.html" (Note the
> incorrect extension).

Well, well, well. And the human error turns out to be mine (after all this). I got to thinking, could it be something as stupid as my neglect to upload the shim gif to my server??????? With much egg on my face, that is what it was. Working on 2 different servers took its toll or something. After I uploaded the trans.gif to my server, no more "mysterious" white box.

The shim was holding open the first cell of that table; without it, the table in the second cell (with a white background) swung all the way over left. Interesting thing is, NN6.2 did not display a "broken link" little graphic box ... but maybe it did and you couldn't see it coz the white background covered it up. IE5.5 didn't give a clue. N4.7 displayed a thin white strip but no broken link graphic.

Gary, may I ask how you discovered this information (the difference in the pathway names)? What did you do to test for that?

And, I will fight fiercely to reinstate the top blue border. It looks so blah without it besides giving folks the impression there's a, lo, "white box" stuck there!!!!!

Thank you so much for sticking with this and for spending ~all~ this time on what turned out to be negligence on my part. I feel bad about that.

Best,
Sharon
Sharon F. Malone
"web design and Internet writing services"
http://www.24caratdesign.com
sfmalo at 24caratdesign.com
Opportunity is missed by most people because
it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
             -- Thomas A. Edison