[thelist] DLL crashing in IIS

Alan McCoy a.r.mccoy at larc.nasa.gov
Mon Jul 7 08:01:16 CDT 2003

Okay, since my knowledge of Windows servers (in this case, IIS 5.1) is
pretty lame, I thought I'd ask any IIS folks in here...

I have a DLL on an IIS 5.1 server that I'm using to run a facial
recognition function using data received from an ActiveX control. The
DLL runs fine for about 8 or 9 times continuously. Then, when I try to
run it again, it hangs on the DLL file. (what I mean by this is that
when I hit the submit button, instead of executing and taking the user
to the proper page, it just hangs there while I can see the URL of the
DLL in the status bar. When I refresh the page, after getting the "do
you want to refresh the page with the form data" alert box, It works
again.

Is there some kind of caching problem that could possibly be making the
DLL get "stuck" during processing?

Alan