[thelist] Text Size Problems

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Tue Jul 8 03:52:40 CDT 2003

> The problem also appears on IE5.5 at medium. Haven't tested on Opera.
>
> Contributing factors potentially are:
>
> The structure of the right hand nav bar, you only really need
> one div and '
> display block' NOT a series of block level elements. Try
> getting rid of the
> extraneous divs and header tags.

Thanks for the suggestion, but it didn't help. I removed all the block level
elements in the right hand column, and just used a series of <br /> tags
instead. It actually made things worse--now the problem appears in IE6 at
Large in addition to Largest. :)

> BTW in your style sheet if you removed the strong=900 etc for
> the header
> tags and the pixel defined sizes for your fonts and used ems
> or % you would
> also go a long way to making the design more
> liquid.........but you don't
> really need those any way if you go the first route I
> suggested.........

I am not following you here. I don't use fixed pixel fonts for the body of
the document, which changes from page to page, but the header is precisely
that--it's meant to be a fixed image so that the letters match up next to
the graphic. I am still working on the overall look of the header, but why
would I want to make the text sizes of the header liquid? That would allow
the user to change the visual appearance of the header, which is precisely
not what I want.

Does anyone else have any suggestions as to how I can fix the problem with
the right hand column? If I can not find a liquid solution, then I will need
to resort to fixing the pixel size of the fonts there.

Original page:
http://galleryrobinson.com/itc/newindex2.htm

With Michael's suggestions for the right hand column:
http://galleryrobinson.com/itc/newindex2.1.htm

Thank you,
Hershel