[thelist] ASP: Cookie - expire

Anthony Baratta Anthony at Baratta.com
Tue Jul 8 20:18:27 CDT 2003

At 03:44 PM 7/8/2003, Paul Cowan wrote:

>Remember, the dictionary object uses the apartment threading model,
>which means that by sticking one in your session you are 'tying' all
>future requests from this user into being processed by the same
>thread that owns the object, which can do nasty things to your
>performance.

That was true with IIS 4 (NT 4), but I don't think that is true with II5
(Win2K). When I was using NT4, I used a slick dictionary Object clone from
CapRock Consulting (site disappeared a year or two ago ;-( ) that fixed
that issue. I still use it by default with II5, but for some clients where
we don't host their site I've switched over to the Win2K dictionary object
and have not had any of the problems I had with NT4's dictionary object.

--
Anthony Baratta
President