[thelist] Suggestions

Kelly Hallman khallman at wrack.org
Wed Jul 9 15:54:29 CDT 2003

On Wed, 9 Jul 2003, Koutoulas, Pete wrote:
> On Wednesday, July 09, 2003 2:22 PM, Kristof Neirynck wrote:
> >> http://www.cannonier.co.uk
> > Please ge rid of the "Add to Favourites" and "Set as Home Page" links
> > in your navbar. There isn't a single browser out there that doesn't
> > have this functionality built in.
>
> But there are thousands of users who don't have a clue as to how to do
> either of these. If you are interested in building traffic you would be a
> fool not to include those links.

I concur.  Even as a user well-experienced in the use of many browsers,
sometimes seeing an add to favorites link reminds me that I may want to
add it, even though I already know how to do so.  I imagine as user
experience decreases, the effectiveness of such links only increases.

--
Kelly Hallman
http://wrack.org/