[thelist] CSS - to list, to table, or to what? - A menu question

Tony Crockford tonyc at boldfish.co.uk
Thu Jul 10 12:47:02 CDT 2003

I've got a menu with duplicated content (http://www.torbytes.co.uk)

and rather than do it with two menus (lists of links) I want to have one
menu with each list item having two inline links:

[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]
[listitem label] [link1] [link2]

All I've managed to do so far, after several hours googling and messing
with various inline/vertical list styles is create this effect:

[listitem label]
[link1] [link2]
[listitem label]
[link1] [link2]
[listitem label]
[link1] [link2]
[listitem label]
[link1] [link2]
[listitem label]
[link1] [link2]
etc.

So my question is should I perservere with styling this as list or is
there another, better way.

I don't want to use a table as it won't have the same fluidity that the
rest of the site has (will it?) and semantically it feels wrong.

TIA for advice, ridicule or applause.....

Tony