[thelist] what are your opinions on using frames?

Hershel Robinson hershelr at netvision.net.il
Thu Jul 10 13:41:31 CDT 2003

> >> Like what?
>
> Exactly! The only thing I've heard is "So that users can have all
> navigation elems available all the time..." To which I'd say "Why?". I
> am not saying there's absolutely no value in that, but if you have a
> well architected nav structure, if the site is not too deep,
> then how is this helpful?

If I am reading an article and I have scrolled down my browser a page or two
or three, I certainly think it could well be quite helpful to have the
navigation right there on my screen, rather than having to scroll all the
way back up to the top or bottom of the window.

No one is suggesting that every sight needs frames, but as mentioned, frames
are a tool and they have their place.

Hershel