[thelist] IE6 and it's box model....

ted serbinski tss24 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 10 18:53:33 CDT 2003

>   At your request, it can be found at the following URL.
>
> http://www.joeqent.com/ie.htm

Ah, the dreaded white space problem. I was just having a very similar
problem too! Well I did some testing and found a fix for ya. The problem
stems from the fact that images have descenders (like the bottom of a 'y')
and this adds space below your image. I also noticed when fooling around
with your code, it adds the same amount of space above your image, which I'm
assuming is taking into account letters that have accents and such.

Anywho, for a detailed explanation of this, check out:
	http://devedge.netscape.com/viewsource/2002/img-table/

And for your fix, just add this:

	img {display: block;}

	*note, make sure you apply this only to the images you want and not them
all

ted