[thelist] frames

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 10 21:56:42 CDT 2003

About frames: If your client wants them, despite everything you say to the contrary, then do it. One big benefit to frames is knowing that they will work reliably to give your client exactly what he wants, whereas css has many more browser issues to get through and will not behave quite as predictably as old-fashioned frames.

As for an example of when frames are a good thing to use? Currently at work frames are the best solution to our problem, which is to someone embed an application, which is on one domain, in our web site on another domain. The application already exists and would be a pain in the butt to reproduce, and a real big pain to have to do URL connections and input stream readers and all that. Because we are using frames, we can get the job done quickly and the appearance give the impression that the frames pages are part of our domain.

Diane at santabarbarahikes.com