[thelist] Javascript: the parent of the parent

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Fri Jul 11 11:18:19 CDT 2003

--- Emma Jane Hogbin <emmajane at xtrinsic.com> wrote:
> I have a feeling I should know this, but it's not coming to me
> immediately.
>
> This is what I want to do:
> 	1) window.open a new window
> 	2) click on links and do some general editing stuff in the pop-up
> 	window
> 	3) self.close the pop-up window and reload the "parent" (main
> window)
>
> But the parent window appears to be the previous page, not the main
> window. How do I get the "main" window if I've surfed around in the
> pop-up window?

You want the window.opener, not parent. As long as your popup as not
changed its name, but simply loaded new content, that should work.

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward