[thelist] Flash question

Diane Soini dianesoini at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 12 00:24:41 CDT 2003

I am going to make a map using Flash, or that's the plan. I'm a terrible programmer and my web site uses nothing more complex than poorly written cgi scripts, server-side includes and text/html files. With that said, I'm wondering what to do because the cartographer has informed me that exported to .swf his map is 2.6 megs! The map is too big. How would I "slice" this thing up or otherwise make it more manageable? There's no way I can program flash to draw such complicated lines with actionscript, either. I was hoping to keep it a vector graphic so that I can make the trails clickable objects.

I'm not really sure what to do. If the file wasn't so big, it would be a simple task.

Any suggestions?

Diane at santabarbarahikes.com