[thelist] RE: [offlist] Phpmyadmin not showing correct privileges

Michael Pemberton mpember at phreaker.net
Mon Jul 14 19:19:45 CDT 2003

This may seem like a completely out of line question, but how did you get to
MySQL 4?  Did you upgrade an existing 3.xx database?

I know that when I upgraded my database server @ home, I needed to manually
rebuild my priv setup.  There is a perl script out there that does it for you.
 Since I'm running a win2k server, I couldn't be bothered playing with the
perl setup for a week just to automate the update.

If you dump your database contents to SQL, you can install a clean MySQL setup
and then reinsert the data with your new priv table.