[thelist] SQL: Can you spot the error?

Casey Crookston casey at thecrookstons.com
Tue Jul 15 00:04:54 CDT 2003

I keep getting a syntax error for this statement:

UPDATE news SET title = 'Krispy Kreme in Maple Grove Completed.f', date =
'7/14/2003', active = 1, article ='The new Krispy Kreme in xxxxx is now open
for business! xxxxx was awarded a sub-contract in the construction of the
popular doughnut franchise, and is currently in negations to help construct
a restaurant in xxxx.' WHERE news_id = 3

I've tried the date w/ and w/o the 's and neither work.  What is wrong with
this SQL statement?