[thelist] ASP & HTML: Pass double data from a Select

Tom Dell'Aringa pixelmech at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 15 13:11:47 CDT 2003

--- Casey Crookston <casey at thecrookstons.com> wrote:

> In an ASP app, I've got an HTML select object within a form:
> <select name='fruit'>
>      <option value='1'>apples</option>
>      <option value='2'>peaches</option>
> </select>

Casey,

Why not combine the two values:

value="1_apples" for your option value. Then do some server side
processing to bust them up. Easier than writing lots of hidden inputs
with JS and worrying about changing them if the list changes.

That's probably how I would approach it.

HTH

Tom

=====
http://www.pixelmech.com/ :: Web Development Services
http://www.DMXzone.com/ :: Premium Content Author / JavaScript / Every Friday!
http://www.maccaws.com/ :: Group Leader

"That's not art, that's just annoying." -- Squidward