[thelist] Getting Desperate...DIV onmouseout firing too soon..

Ben Morrison ben.morrison at dogstardesign.co.uk
Wed Jul 16 03:59:13 CDT 2003

On 16/7/03 12:19 am, "Dan Slater" <dslater at zunch.com> wrote:

> It's under construction, WAY under construction.  The navigation menu i'm
> building is not working as intended.  The onmouseout event, which is
> supposed to hide the submenu DIV is firing as soon as the mouse leaves the
> any of the three links.  It should only fire when the mouse leaves the
> entire area.
>
> I've searched on line, and the only solution i've seen is to add at time
> delay to the hiding event.  An unacceptable answer.

Personally I quite like using a small timeout, gives people who are not
"mouse-precise" a bit of a hand.

Your menu should work, as long as the images are flush (no 1px space etc) to
each other it shouldn¹t be a problem. You may have to look at using
alternative code if this doesn¹t solve your problem.

You could start here:

http://lists.evolt.org/archive/Week-of-Mon-20030616/143252.html

ben