[thelist] CF & SQL: Selecting unique months from date column

Minh Lee Goon evolt at goonies.info
Mon Jul 14 13:06:36 CDT 2003

Greeting,
I have a column of dates in my database. I would like to display only each
month available. I could select every date and write a loop to look at every
date then append to a list/array if the month does not exist... but that
would be selecting a lot more records than I need. The first record in that
month may not be the first of the month, so I can't use that logic, either.

Does anyone have a CF or SQL way of selecting only individual months in a
column? I'd really appreciate any help. Thanks.

Minh Lee

http://www.goonies.info/
Not the film. The family.