[thelist] [legal] Using images of people

Marc Seyon seyon at delime.com
Thu Jul 17 11:43:17 CDT 2003

Message from Joshua Olson (7/17/2003 11:57 AM)
>Greetings all,
>
>I was wondering if there is a cut-and-dry set of rules to follow when
>publishing pictures of people on a website.  A client of mine is wondering
>if they could get in trouble if they publish pictures of students to their
>website without getting a consent form signed by everybody in the picture.

Joshua,

As an amateur photographer this is a big concern of mine. I recently found
this article on Popular Photography that was quite informative.

http://www.popphoto.com/article.asp?section_id=4&article_id=609

regards.
-marc

--
Carnival 2003 in all its photographic glory. Playyuhself.com
http://www.playyuhself.com/