[thelist] Database for News Stories and Press Releases

Trisha Salas graftedin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 21:12:24 CDT 2003

Hi All,

I am wanting to try my hand at creating a database for the Tulsa Ballet
website for their news stories, press releases and reviews.  Over the course
of a season there are a lot of stories added to the website and it is
currently all done in html
adding a new page for each article.  By the end
of the season the site is huge and quite clunky.

I have never attempted this before and I am not really sure where to begin
(I know that I can do it if I just have the right tutorial available,
provided such a thing exists).  A quick search at Webmonkey brought up an
article on relational databases.  That seems to be more than I need; I am
not collecting data just storing it in a way to make it faster and easier to
retrieve.

Does anyone have any idea where to get started on something like this?  I
will be using Access and asp.

Thanks,
Trisha Salas
www.jubileedesign.com <http://www.jubileedesign.com/>