[thelist] Database for News Stories and Press Releases

Trisha Salas graftedin at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 17 22:29:22 CDT 2003

Chris,

Thanks for the information. I am not necessarily determined to build my own
here just want something better than what has been used in the past and like
I said, I'm not sure where to begin.  The information on Typo3, etc is
helpful, I didn't know such a thing existed.  Is there anything that might
work on an NT server?

The content comes in at a slow enough pace that I am the one doing all of
it.  It just seems like it needs to be more efficient than straight html.

Thanks for your help,
Trisha Salas
www.jubileedesign.com

Trisha Salas wrote:

> I am wanting to try my hand at creating a database for the Tulsa Ballet
> website for their news stories, press releases and reviews.
>
> Does anyone have any idea where to get started on something like this?  I
> will be using Access and asp.

You're obviously not the first person to want to do this sort of thing -
have you considered using an existing CMS (e.g. Typo3, PHPNuke etc.) or
blogging tool (e.g. Moveable Type)?