[thelist] CF: Regex Help

Frank lists at frankmarion.com
Thu Jul 17 23:34:38 CDT 2003

At 09:18 AM 2003-07-18 +1000, you wrote:
>Which version of CF are you using? I'm looking at the Docs for MX, and
>they state:

4.5sp2. My experience is that the regex engine seems to work consistently
across all versions.

>'.' is not an end of line for a regex

Correct, that was mis-statement on my part. I don't believe the including
end-of-line with the dot character is a good choice.  It's precisely
because it queers what should be a simple solution like this one.

The original question is, how do I edit my regex to match the pattern that
does not end with \r or \n?

([\.a-zA-Z0-9_-]+)([^\.]{2})\.(co)[^m\.]

Try the following in studio: at line 1 char one, paste the following

domain.uk.co
hotmail.com
smith.co
abc.co   <- Terminate the document here. do NOT add a line break.

Right now, the above only matches "smith.co" (there's a line break at the
end). No line break, no match. "abc.co" should not match. Therefor if I
pass it a variables such as "domain.co", there's no line break, no match.

--
Frank Marion     lists at frankmarion.com      Keep the signal high.