[thelist] (apparently) Unclosed database connections

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Fri Jul 18 22:26:29 CDT 2003

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bruce MacKay" <b.mackay at massey.ac.nz>
Sent: Friday, July 18, 2003 11:20 PM

> For the past 1.5 years, the system has worked flawlessly, but over the
last
> 4 weeks, we have started encountering faults on all the sites - database
> connections do not appear to be closing.   The end result is that any site
> function involving a database call results in an error and the site
becomes
> unusable.

Bruce,

You may need to look at the MDAC drivers.  Download comcheck from MS and run
it to look for version mismatches.  Update to the newest version of MDAC on
all servers as a failsafe.

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q301/2/02.asp&NoWebContent=1&NoWebContent=1

That may resolve the issue.

Good luck,