[thelist] [IIS] Application Protection setting blowup up the site

Joshua Olson joshua at waetech.com
Mon Jul 21 10:48:30 CDT 2003

Hi gang,

I'm at the end of my rope on a problem with IIS (go figure).  This seems to
happen on some servers but not others, and I don't know why.

If/when I create a new website it'll fail on the load of any .ASP file when
Application Protection is set to "Medium (pooled)".  When I change the
protection back to "Low (IIS Process)" the ASP pages will load again.

On some servers this is a problem, on others it's not.

Any ideas on why it does this and a better solution than changing the
protection level would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Joshua Olson
Web Application Engineer
WAE Tech Inc.