[thelist] [IIS] Application Protection setting blowup up the site

Morgan Kelsey morgan at morgankelsey.com
Mon Jul 21 11:26:43 CDT 2003

joshua,

> If/when I create a new website it'll fail on the load of any .ASP file
when
> Application Protection is set to "Medium (pooled)".  When I change the
> protection back to "Low (IIS Process)" the ASP pages will load again.

i had the same thing happen with a server running CF5 recently, no idea why,
but maybe the fact that it happens with CF pages too is a useful clue.

> On some servers this is a problem, on others it's not.

yes, same here. my client has a test box and live box with identical
software setups. the live box needed the protection lowered, the test box
didn't.

not much help, but at least you know you're not crazy, eh?

<tip type="IIS">
Ever been tempted to use IIS "footers"?

Beware!

IIS will add the footer to every file that is a part of the request. This
means calls to external CSS and javascript files will also receive the
footer, which can lead to unpredictable results.
</tip>

nagrom
http://morgankelsey.com