[thelist] Javascript Redux

Bill Creswell BillC at VanEerden.com
Tue Jul 22 10:39:55 CDT 2003

Depends on what you use.I use ASP
Document.write "<script language=javascript>" & vbcrlf
..code to get variable from server...
Document.write "Var1=" & variablefromserver & vbcrlf
Document.write "</script>" & vbcrlf

-----Original Message-----
From: Drew Shiel [mailto:ashiel at sportsinteraction.com]
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2003 11:00 AM
To: thelist at lists.evolt.org
Subject: [thelist] Javascript Redux

Instead of trying to work with the chunk of code I posted earlier, I found
a different script, which is working nicely in all browsers, without much
messing around needed.

However, I now have a different query. How can I load data into a variable
in a javascript from a server? This can be taken from a database, an XML
file, a plain text file, or from another .js file - as long as it gets
there, I'm not picky.

Any suggestions? layer.load() seems like it would be ideal, if it wasn't
confined to working only in Netscape 4...

Drew.

Drew Shiel                               webmaster at swiftpay.com
                                                     +353-1-2365701
Swiftpay -- The best way to pay online -- http://www.swiftpay.com